L.A.S. Vino Chardonnay 2021 L.A.S. Vino Wildberry Springs Chardonnay - Margaret River

2021 L.A.S. Vino Wildberry Springs Chardonnay - Margaret River

Regular price$84.00
/
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

  • Low stock - 1 item left
  • Free Shipping in Metro Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane on orders over $150*

"Sitting in the heart of Willyabrup, growing on rich gravelly loam soils, this 25 year old vineyard is imaculate, with no vines out of place, its almost perfect. It took a few years of begging to be able to pick fruit from this vineyard. Planted by John Durack, who’s family were the first to bring cattle over the top end into the kimberly. This is the fifth year we have made wine from this incredible site. The majority of this wine is made from gin-gin with a small percentage of clone three and five for additional complexity.

The first time using majority clay as opposed to oak for this wine and given the quality and purity of the resulting wine its how we will make wine from this vineyard moving forward. A partial natural malolactic fermentation occured during its time in vessel softening the edges of the wine and providing length and depth.

Purity is the word that I think everytime I try this wine. Purity and tension. Pure flavours of Willyabrup chardonnay, peach lemon, lime, green apple, a touch of cream and a hint of flint and struck match. While young the wine will open up with time in glass and in bottle the wine will age gracefully for 10 years if cellared correctly."

Shellfish, Oysters, Asian Cuisine, Seafood Salad. Enjoyed recently with seared Tuna, Kalamata Olives and Orecchiette in a rich tomato sauce.

 

"Grapefruit is what grapefruit does. This is a pulpy chardonnay with presence. It bites, it rides and it lingers. Flint, stonefruit, understated cedar and that gorgeous, juicy, strong push of grapefruit flavour. You get substance here but you get plenty of linger, plenty of line. You also get a tautness. In general I would call this an elegant wine but I kept wanting to use the word strong. It feels it. None of its blows are glancing; it picks its marks and hit them. It’s really good."

94+ Points - Campbell Mattinson - The Wine Front

2021 L.A.S. Vino "Wildberry Springs" Chardonnay

Robert Parker Wine Advocate - 95+ Points

Fruit for the 2021 Wildberry Springs Chardonnay is from Wilyabrup, in Margaret River. The wine is composed of 90% Gingin clone and 10% Davis clones 3 + 5. The wine was matured in a combination of amphora and oak (90% of the blend went into amphora, four different types, the remaining 10% into French oak). Bâtonnage was carried out on two of the four amphorae, and part of the total blend went through malolactic fermentation. The wine is mineral and pure, but with a wall of savory tannin that rises up through the ranks. This has plenty of spice in the mix—white pepper, fresh ground nutmeg, something earthy (perhaps white truffles or fresh field mushrooms) and layers of stone fruit. Beautiful. An engaging wine of precision and line. It will only get better as it emerges from its shell. - Erin Larkin

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.


Recently viewed